GPSC is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Medical Officer. It is a Class – 2 post. In this article, you will be reading about – eligibility criteria, vacancies, exam pattern, application process and selection process.
GPSC stands for Gujarat Public Service Commission. Let us check out important details about GPSC Medical Officer recruitment.
- Starting date of online application: 17-07-2017.
- Last date of online application: 02/08/2017.
- Last date to submit applications along with self attested documents at Commission’s office: 18-08-2017.
Vacancies and reservation stats
- Total vacancies: 1693.
- Seats for General candidates: 863 (out of this, 285 seats are reserved for women).
- Seats reserved for SEBC candidates: 457 (out of this, 151 seats are reserved for women).
- Seats reserved for SC candidates: 119 (out of this, 39 seats are reserved for women).
- Seats reserved for ST candidates: 254 (out of this, 84 seats are reserved for women).
In order to be considered eligible to apply for GPSC Medical Officer post, candidates must satisfy the following conditions –
(1)Possess a degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery of any of the recognized University/ institution or deemed University or possess any other qualifications specified in first or second schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act. 1956.
(2) Possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services classification and Recruitment (General) Rules.1967 as amended from time to time.
Note: The Candidate required to get himself/herself registered under the Gujarat Medical Council Act,1967 before joining Duty.
Candidates’ age should not be more than 35 years. Upper age limit has been relaxed as under –
- Woman Candidate belonging to unreserved category – 05 Years (Subject to maximum 45 years).
- SEBC, SC & ST Candidate of Gujarat Origin Only – 05 Years (Subject to maximum 45 years).
- Woman Candidate belonging to SEBC, SC & ST category of Gujarat Origin only – 10 Years(including relaxation of 5 years for Woman Candidate) Subject to maximum 45 years.
- Ex Serviceman, including E.C.O./S.S.C.O. – Length of Military Service plus 03 years (maximum 40 years).
- Disabled Candidates: having disability of B.L.(Both legs affected but not arms) or OL (one leg) affected between 50% to 75% and whose both upper limbs are totally normal and is not Hearing impaired and can walk without the help of crutch. May be allowed relaxation in age up to 10 years subject to maximum 45 Years on the basis of Medical certificate issued by the Medical Board. Candidates having disability other than prescribed above are not eligible for application.
- A candidate who is already in Guj. Govt. service, either as a permanent or as temporary Govt. servant officiating continuously for six months and has not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment – (i) If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply. (ii) If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications and a Govt. servant appointed to a post requiring a Medical, Engineering, Veterinary or Agriculture degree or diploma and who applied for any such post, the upper age limit shall not apply. (iii) If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Govt. servant who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, which is less.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may apply for Medical Officer’s post online. Visit official GPSC website to apply for the same.