Do you want to join Air India as Cabin Crew? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed important details about Air India Cabin Crew recruitment for the year 2017-2018. The article covers topics such as – eligibility criteria, date of application, how to apply, vacancies, physical standards and medical standards.
Cabin Crew/Air Hostess is a very rewarding profession. The recruiter in this case is Air India – a reputed Government PSU. So you’ll get to enjoy a rewarding career and benefits of a Government job!
Air India is looking for female candidates to fill up 400 vacancies. Experienced Cabin Crew will get a preference over Trainee Cabin Crew. Majority of the vacancies will be filled by experienced cabin crew. Remaining vacancies will be filled by trainee cabin crew.
What’s the starting date of registration? What’s the last date? You’ll find answers to these questions in the ‘Selection process’ section.
Let us analyze vacancies and check out reservation statistics –
- Total 400 vacancies.
- 28 seats reserved for SC candidates
- 19 seats reserved for ST candidates
- 153 seats reserved for OBC candidates
- 200 seats for General candidates
Let us check out eligibility criteria now (age limit, educational qualifications, experience and marital status). To be considered eligible to apply for this post, candidates must satisfy the following criteria –
- Gender – female
- Marital status – unmarried
- Age – between 18-35 years (in case of experienced cabin crew) and between 18-27 years (in case of trainee cabin crew). Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates and by 3 years in case of OBC candidates
- Educational qualifications – Graduation OR 10+2 passed with three years Degree or Diploma in relevant fields like – Hotel Management and Catering Technology or Travel and Tourism.
- Experience (in case of experienced cabin crew) – Candidate must be presently working as a cabin crew in a scheduled airline with minimum 1 year working experience. Candidate must also possess a valid SEP for Airbus or Boeing family aircraft
Physical and Medical standards
HEIGHT: Minimum 160 cms (Relaxation of 2.5 cms for SC/ST candidates & those from North East states & hilly states – Subject to domicile proof).
BMI: Between 18 to 22 (Body Mass as specified in CAR issued by DGCA for Females).
- Near Vision: N/5 in better eye and N/6 in worst eye
- Distant vision: 6/6 in one eye & 6/9 in another eye
- Spectacles not allowed
- Contact lenses up to + 2D permitted
Note: Please note that candidates, who have undergone Lasik surgery for correction of eyesight, will be considered provided they have undergone surgery prior to six months of the date of eligibility criteria.
Colour Vision: Normal on Ishihara/Tokyo Medical College (TMC) Chart.
Cosmetic Appearance: Clear complexion without any noticeably blemish, no odd scars/birth mark. Candidates must have even and regular teeth.
Speech: Clear speech, no stammering, lisping. Command of the English language should be with clear understandable accent.
Fluency in English and Hindi.
Candidates having fluency in any Foreign Language of destination where Air India operates will be given preference.
Selection process, important dates and venue
For Experienced Cabin Crew – Experienced Cabin Crew applicants will be required to register themselves online and obtain Date of walk-in interview from the Website of Air India Ltd. Eligible candidates would be required to appear for a Preliminary Medical Examination consisting of Height, BMI and Vision check followed by Personal Interview. The details of Walk-In Selection is as under:
Venue: Training Hall, Ground Floor Air India Admin Building, Opp. Post Office IGI Airport, Terminal- 1, Palam, New Delhi 110037.
Date: 4th, 5th and 6th August 2017.
For Trainee Cabin Crew – Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria for the post of Trainee Cabin Crew will be required to apply online. Eligible candidates will be subject to appear for Preliminary Medical Examination consisting of Height and BMI check followed by a Group Dynamics & Personality Assessment Test (GD&PAT) at the venue as decided by Air India Limited. GD & PAT shall be conducted in phases and candidates who qualify the same and fall in the applicable zone of consideration, will be required to appear for a Written Test.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may apply for Air India Cabin Crew post online. The advertisement is available on Air India website and so is the application form. Visit airindia.in to apply online.